Marketing Checkpoint

Requirements on Posting and Reading

Steve Jones

I just noticed today that I have a Posting Requirement of posting within 72 hours to remain a member?  Huh?  There's no way that I have enough relevant information or comments for every 3 days.  Should I write something useless and post it every 3 days??  Wouldn't that make this site kinda useless if everybody started to post that they're looking forward to lunch or that they just bought a new boat and can't wait to be on the water ASAP?  When I joined this site, it was my understanding that you must post something before you could send out an email.  I can live with that!!  During the week I even start thinking about what to write but don't post until it's something worth writing about.

On other sites there are Reading Requirements before I can post!!  It has always irritated me when I have to read a certain amount of emails before I can post.  On a few of those, they don't even send me enough emails to hit the requirement, on others I eventually get enough but it's now 11:00 pm and I wanted to get my ad out in the afternoon!!  Obviously I'm still irritated about this one!!!  

What do some of you think?

Hi Steve,

This is something I haven't liked either, but before I was co-owner of this site and had to compromise on some things like that. Now I am full owner, and I intend to remove that requirement as soon as my programmer is available to do it.. thanks for bringing it to my attention again :)

And I am also irritated by sites that require you to read mails before you can send...

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Thanks for posting this Steve as I was not aware of it either.  I was aware of the posting before sending an email. I am also still a member and have little to say, however, it is frustrating to me to make posts on every site I belong to with every day chit chat.  Besides now you have made a valid post that several people found interesting. Hope you have a great day.

Thanks for setting things straight Darren. :)

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

Hi there!

Good to see that Darren is on the ball (as usual). However, as Phyllis and Celia point out, the 72 hour rule did not appear to be working anyway. Although I quite like forums where people post their personal activities, I think there are enough of them around that we do not need to clutter this one up with "I have just bought a boat and can't wait to sail it" and let it concentrate on items that help our Internet marketing. Talking of which, has anyone used Ginger? It appears to have taken over my PC!

Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you soon, John. 

• 2 weeks later...