Marketing Checkpoint

What Should I Do First To Make Money Online?

Rudi Vanhaecke

In my opinion the most important thing is to not jump around until you have started to make a steady cash flow, built your list to at least 1000 and started to have a recognizable brand.  Don't jump product/program you are going to promote, and choose one or two marketing strategies and stick with it. Commit to one year before you change.

Karri nailed it on the head here, and even I am guilty of "shiny object syndrome" from time to time!!  Once a person gets into the marketing space, he or she is inundated with one "next big thing" after another and it is easy to get distracted.  I would definitely start out with a mentor, someone who is already successful, and learn then duplicate.  Do this only for at least a year, as Karri suggests, and then take a moment to revel in your success!  Then of course, proceed with caution if you become interested in another product/niche.

Check Out My Coaching Program & Learn How You Can Stop Overwhelm And Frustration Dead In It’s Tracks… ignition.elitemarketingacademy.com

Also, check out TripleClicks (just click the image below). They now have over 4 million users, so it's a great place to list your products, and it's free!

http://sfibanners.csidn.com/banner452.png

It depends whether you are considering advertising an existing business or whether you are choosing to join someone who already owns an existing online business.

Lets deal with the easiest of the two for now.  That would be joining an existing program.

For a quick synopsis, take a peek at one of the best articles I have ever written on this subject.

http://sensible-marketing.blogspot.com/

Prosperous regards,

Martin

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

As  Rudi Vanhaecke said "...The best things to do are avoid information overload and learn the process of marketing. The process of marketing can be summed up this way. Find a hungry market of people who want to buy. Choose a product that appeals to this market. Choose marketing methods that will ensure you reach this market. Test your marketing - repeat what works and learn from what does not. If you apply that process to your online business consistently, success will soon follow...."

I think  it is the core, you does not sale what you like, you will sell what other people like, so they want it and they will get.

:D

Get 60 to 120 Dollars Daily to Your PayPal Account

http://www.infoproduct69.com/6millions/splash6m-2.html

Well, after you find a hungry market of people who want to buy, you must choose a product that appeals to this market.

Then faster is to select an existing products from other people: that is affiliate marketing. Start with those selected products,

and after getting some sales, you can make part-time your own products, this way all of the sale`s money will be into your pocket.

;) :D

That is right Kimberly, but this is for marketing your efforts. We will need to gain trust from ours prospects, so they will

convert into our clients; but prior to that you need to find those prospect, better into a hungry market of people who

want to buy.

;) :D

I am a fairly new marketer, and I have an autoresponder and Hosting. Just can't seem to pick  the right niche.  If I had a specified

plan to follow where I could follow the steps, I think I could get up and running.  Also this only the begining.  You got to get your

site seen by a lot of different traffic methods.  Don't have a lot of money to build this traffic with. Anyone have any Ideas?

That is a definite problem for many people.  No $ for advertising.  Of course the banks are not lending for internet marketing biz.  They prefer brick &  mortar - which should tell you something.  The banks believe that starting an internet business is very risky.  And I think they are right.   See my one page blog on that very subject.   http://sensible-marketing.blogspot.com/

So, if you have $ to get started, you hire experts to help you do it right.  If your funds are almost non-existent,  you join some affiliate programs, make a few bucks, get a feel for what other people are doing, but don't get sucked into all the hype.  You are not going to be a millionaire over night and you are not going to be rich investing 1 dollar in the next "most exciting - never been done before - greatest thing you've ever seen , etc, etc.    You know what I mean.  Use common sense and be aware that there is an excessive amount of hype on the internet.  

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I would recommend people to learn about list building & email marketing. There's a lot of free (and good) information out there, also affordable training courses.

You can build a solid online business by  just having a simple website,offerings something of value in return of people giving you their email and subscribing to your email list / newsletter.
And then keep delivering quality information (and some promotions) to the people who joined your email list, building a relationship with them. Of course you need to learn how to bring the "right" people to your website as well. You can use free material to send them and in the meantime work on creating your own simple products that solve problems that your email subscribers (might) have.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

• 3 weeks later...

The first things that I would recommend you do  are learn how to use Wordpress and learn how to use an autoresponder. This will allow you to put together websites,and blogs with lead capture forms to build your list in any niche or any program.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rudy,

I think you have asked a very sensible question and have also conveyed several approaches to start earning an income online. It all sounds much simpler than it is however, because to be able to create a solution based product of your own will certainly take some type of testing which will require knowledge, resources and of course money! I would recommend taking the educational path to learn the do's and don'ts which will not only save you money but will increase your earnings and staying power. You want to find the right system which feels good to you and one you can feel proud to share with others who are searching to find their own prosperous path. Just my thoughts.

Lee

http://leehow.strikingly.com

you really need to get the knowledge!

https://clkps.com/click.track?CID=307809&AFID=359876&ADID=1404583&SID=

In business to succeed one of the most important thing to address, if you want to be successful is to have a Duplicable System. Real Marketing 4 Real People is one of the best program that helps you to do just that. RM4RP is a complete home business marketing and funded proposal system that helps you build your or any business AND it includes Tons of Free Business Building Tools to use in your existing Network Marketing Business, an Autoresponder Follow-up System, an additional Income Stream plus complete training with ongoing support and free Leads. So if you Have A HUGE Marketing Problem.they do have A DEFINITE Solution!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The first thing you need to do is learn what you need to have in order to do business online.

Internet Marketing is a time consuming business and time is money.

So what I do to reduce and speed up the time spent online is use as many tools, programs and software that reduce the time it takes me to perform my business functions.

When it comes to your online business the right tools can make all the difference between being successful or not!

I advertise on hundreds of various advertising programs daily plus join new ones weekly. You can imagine the time it takes to log in and fill out forms daily just to do this. So to speed up this process

I use the following;

RoboForm -- This is an amazing tool. It remembers all your passwords, so that you don't have to write them down or on pieces of paper. LOL Not only does it fill in the passwords for you, it automates your entire long in process and takes you directly to any of your programs, plus it will automatically fill out any forms. It is a must have tool if you are doing business on the Internet especially if you are marketing Multiple Streams of Income. You can download it for free.

Now due to the extensive advertising to hundreds of sites I generate a considerable amount of referrals and new downline members from these vast amount of different programs. To manage these referrals and downline members I use a great tool.

MyMarketingFormula - This Business Organizer and E-mailer lets you stay in contact with all my contacts in every business I promote, right from one simple web interface. It allows me to organize my referrals/downline members. I can then E-mail all of my contacts for any of my business programs. Once I get my downlines organized (List Building) I can then create list to follow up with using this one-of-a-kind tool. I can Create, Manage and E-mail to all my created list in every business (on-line and off-line), from one web site! Tneeless to say this saves me a ton of time.

Do You Have Any Marketing Problem? Well you can find a DEFINITE Solution at, Real Marketing 4 Real People.
You will learn the POWER Of Text Messaging, How To Write Effective Email Messages, 50% Conversion Rate Training And Script Downloads, How To Get Direct Links To Tons Of Free Business Tools, Provide You With A Fully Interactive Online Contact Management System, Provide You With The Ten Second Guide To Free Unlimited Free Qualified Leads For Life which shows you how to grab as many leads as you need for the day in about 10 seconds, You just type ONE WORD in a browser, add a link and BINGO, you've got all the leads you need for free.

I also use Outsourcing Services.

Do you know that you can get High Quality Professional Articles about any topic custom written for you in as little as 3 hours by hiring quality writers to write articles and other content for your website. I use HireWriters,com You can become a member for free, and you only pay for an article if you are totally satisfied with it. You can get any website content created on demand.

Another form of great advertising as I'm sure you know is using the Social Network Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc. But to be effective at this you need to put your ads or messages in front of thousands of Targeted Visitors on a daily bases.

To do that I use Auto-Posters. There are a number of good ones out there. My Facebook Poster allows me to join unlimited Facebook Groups, I can pick anyone or any niche on Facebook and join their groups. I can gather all of my groups together to post to or choose which groups that I want to post to. I can post my messages to an unlimited number of groups. I can even spin unlimited ad copy messages being posted or spin unlimited url's to be posted and it's all done on auto-pilot. It even varys the amount of time between the posting to each group.

Also you should take advantage of Linkedin to Drive Traffic, Generate Leads and Boost Your Revenue. Linkedin has over 300 Million users. 2 new members join every second. It's the 16th most visited website in the world. Over 18,000+ smart business professionals use LinkedInfluence and see massive gains in their business. Linkedin is a goldmine if you know the strategies that work - no matter what your business or professional goals are! You should check them out and join immediately.

I also use "Spin Rewriters, they will take any new or old article you have lying around, and generate THOUSANDS of perfectly readable unique new versions of that article. Then you can blast these unique articles to THOUSANDS of relevant websites and build a ton of backlinks. In this way you get practically unlimited FREE traffic from search engines."

Lastly, I believe that offering support for whatever you are selling on the internet, makes a big difference for your total sales volume. If you want to have a successful business on the internet, you must provide support. This is the one thing that ALL the leading internet marketers agree on. Every online marketer should have a Contact form for all their opportunities and websites.
So make sure you get your own Contact Me Form Service . I use Profits Desk it's not only a must have tool but it will make you money as well.

Herbert Gordon aka DrMillionaire
Consultant, Coach & Wealth Builder
To Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
Teaching The Art & Science Of Making Money Easy Online

• 2 weeks later...

Decide on what kind of maketing you want to do first ,to make money online.Then I would suggest from that decision you get involved in some training to learn how  money is being made in the area you have chosen.

Once you have received some training in your chosen area, then get started working in your area and set up some plans ,what you want to accomplish and how much time and or money to invest to reach your income goals. You really want to stay focused on your particular area of making money and don't get distracted by every shinny object.

Get organized and set your self up  a simple system and work at it daily with the time your have.What ever you do stay focused on your initial plan and don't stray and that will give you a foundation to build from till you have had some success.

You can have all the success on line if you just help others, get what they want along the way.

To Your Success

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest issue with making money online is that there is no one way to start.

Some people choose a niche and then find products for that niche whereas other people find products first that convert well and just drive traffic to the offer and/or build their own lander.

I believe the smarter approach is find a niche that you like and that's hungry and just find products (or create your own) for that niche. Only when you understand your market will you be able to build a relationship with them via list-building.

I haven't read throhgh all the answers to this question, so maybe someone else has given this reply.  If they did, it's worth repeating.  First thing is to build your list.  Second thing is to build a relationship with your list, get to know them and their problems, then find the solution to solve their problems.  Who knows, it may lead you to creating your own program and JACKPOT!!!

• 2 months later...

The best advice I believe I ever received for making money on the net was to just "jump in" and begin taking in information and trying stuff out.  I opted into a few free safelists, I subscribed to a few guru autoresponders, plus I spent a lot of time reading the warrior forum.  I suggest newbs do similar things along those lines!

Guest esselte

Everyone can participate because no qualification is necessary, if only to master surfing the web. Many sites, however, have age or country of residence criteria to be met. The major drawback is that this activity takes time. For now the one that buzz right now and in the pageRank : PRIVILEGEWAY

Hello Everybody,

I find interesting the comments of several here everything takes time, make fast and consistent money
does not work, in my opinion.

Building a list of people, should be a priority, like Ted said in this post.

You still need to have it, an interesting product and sought, and follow the right people.

That, in my opinion I think is a right direction.

See you soon friends!
:D

Norman

• 3 weeks later...

Q. I'm new to the online world and confused. I don't know if I should spend time and money creating a product, or become an affiliate first. What should I do first to make money online? A. The best things to do are avoid information overload and learn the process of marketing. The process of marketing can be summed up this way. Find a hungry market of people who want to buy. Choose a product that appeals to this market. Choose marketing methods that will ensure you reach this market. Test your marketing - repeat what works and learn from what does not. If you apply that process to your online business consistently, success will soon follow. The main mistake that people make online when choosing what to do first is to find a product they like and try to sell that product. First of all, starting with the product means you have to find an audience for that product, which is harder than finding a product for a market. Secondly, very few people online thrive by selling one product. My advice is to begin as an affiliate. Doing this means you will be selling someone else's product for a commission for a while, but it relieves you of the burden of writing a great sales letter (or the expense of having it done) and is the most pure way to learn the process of marketing. So, find a hungry market, find a great affiliate product, then learn the process of marketing by selling that product. Once you learn, create a product and apply what you learned to your own product and keep all the money!

Hi Rudi,

I agree with you 100%! I can see that you have been around the block a few times. :)

I would suggest that everyone start as an affiliate of others programs until they find out what works.

After you find out what works then you are in a better position to start your own program if you like.

Frankly, I have make more money promoting other people stuff that reward their affiliates up to 100% of the sales.